We are a nonprofit providing aid and medical support to the indigenous Mayan population.
Maya Medical Project is an organization working to provide aid and medical support to the indigenous Mayan population of Guatemala, in order to impact health, deliver quality care, and improve lives.
Our vision is to end all health care and educational disparities among indigenous Mayan communities who have suffered years of oppression and poverty, with a focus on community development and support.
Maya Medical Project’s values are grounded in our mission and vision:
· Equality: We believe everyone has the equal right to basic health care and education despite their race, gender, religion, traditions or financial status.
· Passion: We are committed to making a difference through our work and are passionate about advocating for the Mayan people while helping to share their story.
· Transparency: Honesty is the key to any successful partnership. We strive to build trust among our donors and within the communities we serve.
· Collaboration: Our organization was founded in collaboration with the Mayan Ancestral Government. We work together to solve social issues and empower their communities.
· Respect: We learn from the diverse perspectives of one another. We believe everyone brings something unique to our movement and together we can accomplish more.
Join our Movement
By providing children with scholarships, we give them the opportunity to attend school and receive quality education that they may not have otherwise had.
MEDICAL RELIEF PROGRAM
It is our goal to work with the Guatemalan clinics and provide them with medications and medical equipment that will facilitate adequate healthcare for all.
With the help of our current partners and community-driven health clinics, we are able to provide sustainable and culturally appropriate health care.